Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Social media revolutionizing revolutions

Are u kidding me. Facebook and twitter are part of the reason the Egyptian protests were so vast and went crazy. The world we live in so was not the future they promised me when I was 10 years old.

It is kind of cool. But also absurd. I watch a lot of news. Seriously probably too much. I watch left and right. Trying to get a grasp on the world we live in. Twitter and fb are really a part of news. There was a guy on CNN that had a show middle of day. He really started letting the audience tweet (?) and he would show and reply. Rich Sanchez was his name. He was pretty good. But I am guessing he said the wrong thing, cuz he was just fired. 2009 Til now, Facebook had exploded exponentially. And now, every business, every news person, and almost like 1 in 5 or something have one. That is a level of connection that was never ever even thought possible. We are like a new civilization of people, kind of like star trek's "the Borg".
It is amazing and creepy. Scary and when u are alone you really aren't that far from someone else bored and alone too.

Now if face-twitters want to impress me. Resolve and fix Egypt's government and save some lives. And why haven't we been able to stalk al'queda's Facebook page yet and find their training shit. Oh well. Does those things and I will never knock twitter again

0 comments: